When you are charged with a crime, regardless of the outcome of the case, society tends to view you in a negative light. Our firm, however, takes a very different approach; we base our mission on the ideal that each accused person is innocent until proven guilty, and we recognize that sometimes people are victims of circumstance. With these principles serving as the foundation of our work, our attorneys work tirelessly to defend clients charged with criminal matters, from traffic violations, to criminal contempt, to minor felonies including violations of orders of protection.
Regardless of the charges against you, we will work aggressively to defend you in a court of law.
Corporate and Partnership Law
Our office has extensive experience in corporate and partnership law. Our representation includes:
- Formation of corporations
- Formation of partnerships
- Formation of joint ventures
- Preparation of assumed name certificate
- Shareholder Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Corporate dissolution, including litigation relating thereto
- Partnership dissolution, including litigation relating thereto
- Annual filings, including corporate minutes
- Business counseling
- Representation of franchisees and franchisors
- Preparation of Buy-Sell Agreements
The members of this firm regularly counsel our business clients in connection with their periodic requirements for various transaction work such as leases, contracts, employment agreements, loans, dealership and distributorship agreements, employee relationships, etc.
Our firm regularly represents clients in litigated disputes arising from all forms of business relationships.
We represent numerous non-profit organizations. We can help with filings, advise on structure and management, create By Laws, and provide general counsel, drawing on our years of experience both in the representation of these organizations and our service on many such Boards.
Our firm has represented clients in a wide variety of real estate transactions and matters including:
- Purchase and sale of private residences
- Purchase and sale of commercial buildings
- Purchase and sale of condominiums
- Purchase and sale of cooperatives
- Establishment of life estates
- Preparation of boundary agreements
- Residential leases
- Commercial leases
- Representation of developers
- Preparation of private mortgages
Land, Use and Zoning
This office has extensive experience in issues of land, use and zoning, including:
- Application for variances
- Special use permits
- Change of Zone applications
We have represented both applicants and community organizations seeking to oppose applications. We have a great deal of experience in providing services to community groups, including those formed solely for the purpose of the particular land use application.
While our office does not perform a “volume” landlord/tenant practice, we are experienced in both residential and commercial landlord/tenant matters and regularly represent both landlords and tenants in the Housing courts of the City of New York and the District Courts of Nassau and Suffolk.